Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team
Based in Spain
January 13, 2017
PC / Xbox One
Rise lives on Gamearth, the world of the classic video game characters. He suddenly finds himself in the middle of a war against the Space Grunts from Nexgen planet, the bald, muscular soldiers with big guns that just decided to pull an invasion. Only with the help of the legendary gun, Shine, he’ll be able to stay alive and save his planet from the invaders. The game mixes pure, satisfying shooting arcade with the use of different bullets and add-ons to solve all the situations Rise will find on this adventure. This is not just another run'n'gun clone. This is something fresh and different.
Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team is a bunch of experienced game developers (Plants VS Zombies, Worms 3D and EyeToy Play are some of their efforts), that went all indie when the mobile industry appeared and suddenly making a good game wasn't a matter of money. We made our first project, Pro Zombie Soccer, on weekends and free time while working on a 9 to 5 job, which was exhausting but tons of fun. When Pro Zombie Soccer became a hit, at first we couldn't believe it and after pinching ourselves almost to death to be sure we weren't dreaming, then we left our jobs and went all full-time with the team. Later we did Supermagical, which just as Pro Zombie Soccer also was Editor's Choice and Best of the Year at Apple's App Store. After a period of 4 years dedicated to make great games for mobile devices working from home and sometimes on different time zones like Singapore, Canada and different parts of Spain (having the whole team on Skype was a nightmare sometimes), the team simply didn't like where the mobile industry was going and decided to make a first game for PC and consoles: Rise & Shine. We recently decided to adopt a nomadic lifestyle, so we sold the few possessions we had and travel the world while developing our games. So far during the past year we have visited Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Japan and South Korea.
- This is not another run'n'gun clone! We introduced some fresh gameplay elements and mechanics like a cover system, RC bullets, and shooting-based puzzle solving.
- You haven't seen levels like these because nobody is crazy enough to do what the team has just done. All the backgrounds in Rise & Shine are ginormous hand-drawn illustrations with different parallax scroll layers, so every step you take is completely different with no repeating elements or tiling.
- There is a tight relationship between Rise & Shine's gameplay and story. There will be drama, action, big bosses and surely a mindblowing ending!.
- Rise & Shine is a love letter to the whole video games history and is full of Easter eggs and homages for all gamers with a keen eye. And you shoot a lot of stuff too.
- All the in-game audio and music is done by Damián Sánchez, a Jerry Goldsmith Award nominee. He used some real instruments and an opera singer for some truly goosebumpy music
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Rise & Shine. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Game of the Show at PAD Congress" Barcelona, 24 June, 2014
- "Game of the Show at 3D Wire" Segovia, 5 October, 2014
- "Featured at Unite 2014 video" Unity annual event, August 2014
- "Selected for the Spine showing video." Spine 2D animation software, december 2014
- ""This game is amazing.""
- Rami Ismail, Website
- ""Beautiful game.""
- Tim Schafer, Website
- ""Subarashi (fantastic).""
- Keiji Inafune, Website
- ""Rise & Shine is one fun platformer any gamer should experience.""
- EGM, Website
- ""This game earned my respect and I cannot wait to get the full version to enjoy.""
- Gamegravy.com, Website
- ""The game has some fantastic, cover based action along with incredibly tricky puzzles involving your different ammunition types.""
- Everythingaction.com, Website
- ""This game was tons of fun to play and watch""
- Theouterheaven.com, Website
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Main theme played by an orchestra soundcloud.com.
About Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team
We are a videogames development team always working hard on a super awesome hyper dimensional mega new game.
More information on Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Rise & Shine Credits
Sound and Music Composer